Entrepreneur – Author – Podcast Host – Editor
JF Garrard is an award winning speculative fiction writer, editor and publisher. She is the President of Dark Helix Press, host of The Artsy Raven podcast, serves as the Co-President for the Canadian Authors Association’s Toronto branch, Festival Coordinator for LiterASIAN Toronto, and Deputy Editor for Ricepaper Magazine. Her portfolio of books and short fiction is listed on jfgarrard.com and you can find her on Twitter @jfgarrard, Instagram @jfgarrard, Facebook @JFGarrardauthor.
JF Garrard is the President of Dark Helix Press, an Indie publisher of multicultural Fantasy, Science Fiction, and Raw Non-Fiction, host of The Artsy Raven podcast, Co-President for the Canadian Authors Association’s Toronto Branch, Festival Coordinator for LiterASIAN Toronto, and Deputy Editor for Ricepaper Magazine.
She is an editor and writer of speculative fiction (Belief, Immersion, Futuristic Canada, The Undead Sorceress, Trump Utopia or Dystopia Anthology, Ricepaper Issue 19.3), non-fiction (The Literary Elephant), as well as children’s books (Feeding The Kraken!, 3x Bilingual Series). She is a writer of short stories, with her latest being “Sasaeng Waves”, in the vampire Love Bites anthology published by Mischief Publishing (2021). Her story “The Blue Son” was a winner in the Channillo Short Story Contest and “The Blue Apron” was a finalist in the Polar Expressions Publishing’s 14th annual short story competition and published in In the Mist anthology.
Her background is in Nuclear Medicine and healthcare. She has a MBA in Marketing and Strategy and a Creative Writing certificate from Toronto Metropolitan University (formerly Ryerson University). She has been a speaker at various conferences on the topics of publishing, marketing, crowd funding, geek topics (science fiction, anime) and healthcare. Her contributions have been published in Entrepreneur, Monster.com, Women’s Health, Cosmopolitan, MochiMag, My Corporation, Indie Pubchat, Authors Helping Authors, among others.
In 2022, MP Shaun Chen, Scarborough North, on behalf of the Canadian government awarded her and her team COVID-19 Humanitarian Service Medals for their work on anti-Asian racism.
Find her on Twitter or Instagram @jfgarrard.
List of Works
- “Sasaeng Waves”, Love Bites, Mischief Publishing (2021)
- “The Blue Apron”, In The Mist, Polar Expressions Publishing (2021)
- “Sasaeng Fans”, 666, Black Hare Press (2021)
- “A New Dynasty”, Frost Zone Zine, Cryoseism Press (2021)
- “Letter to My First Child”, Letters From Here to Hereafter, Monica Mastrantonio (2021)
- “The Blue Son”, Channillo Short Story Contest Winners, Channillo (2020)
- “The Intruder”, Strange Constellations, Asterism Press (2019)
- “The Curse”, Brave New Girls: Adventures of Gales and Gizmos, Mary Fan, (2019)
- “The Metamorphosis of Nova”, Blood Is Thicker: An Anthology of Twisted Family Traditions, Iguana Books (2018)
- “The Perfect Husband”, We Shall Be Monsters: Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein Two Centuries On, Renaissance Press (2018)
- “My Girl”, Sirens Call Publications’ E-zine Issue 37 Women In Horror Month, Sirens Call Publications (2018)
- “Mon Pokemon GO Rants”, Wattpad (2018)
- “Three Microaggressions”, Currents: A Ricepaper Anthology, First Edition, Asian Canadian Writers’ Workshop (2017)
- “Designing Fate”, Ricepaper Magazine (2014) Note – magazine out of print, but story sold on Amazon
- Belief, Asian Canadian Writers’ Workshop & Dark Helix Press (2021) (editor)
- Immersion: An Asian Anthology of Love, Fantasy, and Speculative Fiction, Asian Canadian Writers’ Workshop & Dark Helix Press (2019) (editor)
- Futuristic Canada, Dark Helix Press (2019) (editor)
- Trump: Utopia or Dystopia Anthology, Dark Helix Press (2017) (editor)
- Feeding The Kraken!: Parent Tested Recipes To Feed What Some Call Children!, Dark Helix Press (2016)
- The Literary Elephant, Dark Helix Press (2015)
- The Undead Sorceress, Dark Helix Press (2014)
Lurking for Legends #055 (Youtube)
THE RAW MIKE RICHARDS SHOW – SAUGA 960 AM podcast, Belief review (Soundcloud, Youtube)
The Richard Crouse Show, Newstalk 1010, interview with Belief editors JF Garrard & Allan Cho (I heart radio)
Detour Interview with Belief editors JF Garrard & Allan Cho (youtube)
Booktime blog interview with JF Garrard about Belief
Words with Writers podcast (Reading of The Blue Son)
Editor for Life: JF Garrard, deputy editor for Ricepaper Magazine
JF Garrard – A Spark Of Madness That Is Anything But Generic
Immersion Editor #2 Interview – JF Garrard
Liquid Lunch – Trump: Utopia or Dystopia: J.F. Garrard and Jen Frankel
April 20/21 A Belief Worth Sharing – New Anthology Features Joy Kogawa, Jim Wong-Chu and over 20 Asian Writers
March 18/21 New podcast The Artsy Raven shares the joy of books, writing and publishing to the world
May 24/18 Dark Helix Speculative Fiction Free Ezine Launch
Dec 22/17 All I Want For Christmas is More Fake Trump News?!
May 16/17 Trump’s Wall Was Created to Keep Out Zombies and He is a Wizard According to Dark Helix Press’ Latest Anthology
March 6/17 Robot Beavers and Poutine Currency, Seeking Futuristic Canada 150 Stories!
June 20/16 Feeding The Kraken or Child Monster!
Oct 29/13 Author JF Garrard Told Multiculturalism is Dead
You must be logged in to post a comment.